Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ever wanted to see Macbeth's tartan?


(Taken from ScotClans.)

To be honest, though, records of Scottish clans before the 1200s are spotty and barely substantiated (at best). 'Macbeth' was probably a version of 'Macbean,' or not. He might have been from the Rosse clan, and he was probably related to Duncan, depending on who you read.

Can you tell I have Macbeth on the mind? I shouldn't. Auditions are only half over, and my classwork is piling up. Ack. In advance, my thanks to all who've auditioned or are about to. And here's to hoping that people remember that the arts, especially theatre, are about enjoying the process. Not only is this not professional, it's barely academic. It's for the sheer enjoyment of creation.

(Yeah, I know, that's horribly un-"grad student" of me to say. If you want the academic support, read Victor Turner or Robert Stebbins.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home