Friday, March 04, 2005

Geekdom Riff, Op. 3

My job(s). The current job, staff member in the Film Production Lab, tends to be of the "hurry-up-and-wait" variety. This week has been uneventful, allowing me to post on a regular basis. Once back from Spring Break, though, it'll probably go back to the "filling six large check-outs, telling the other six that we're out of equipment and they need to reschedule" routine.

Then there is Finders Records. For a retail gig, you cannot get better than this. It allows me to have a pretentious taste in hip music. Not really, but I get to hear a lot of cool shit. If only there wasn't the occasional basket-case customer...

Finally, we have my columns for the BG News. Yes, it may not have the structured schedule of the other two, but I spend hours on an column, researching and writing. Being a grad student, even a couple hours a week is a big commitment.

So, I'm crazy. You know what? I just fired off an e-mail to Pagan Publishing. See, they're in need of Cthulhu-philes who're willing to write & playtest for them, with very little financial recompense. Please, by all that is eldritch, sign me up. Crazy, I know.

(This post brought to you by The Art of Hellboy, a birthday gift from my ladyfriend, Steph.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home