Monday, January 15, 2007

Yūgen

I step out of the train at Southport. I flick on the iPod (it decides to work), press play.

It's snowing.
It's been snowing all day.
I've been watching it from the 34th floor of a building in downtown Chicago. An averge snowstorm looks impressive and beautiful from that height.

I step out of the station at Southport. I walk into the brisk Chicago wind. It carries thousands of snowflakes in its blustery caress.

Ministry comes over the headphones ("No W"). As I hear the frenetic, throbbing beat, my pace unconsciously quickens. A smile breaks over my snow-laden face. I step in piles of salt to get a better grip on the slick sidewalks. Ministry drives me forward.

::brief respite for supply acquisition::

Back on the sidewalk, Ministry gives way to Starlight Mints ("Pumpkin"). My jaunt becomes more...

jaunty.

I turn from the light of Southport onto a darker side street. The wind changes to meet me head-on, again. I laugh as its icy hand toussles my hair.

Almost home now; Rammstein finshes me off ("Mann Gegen Mann"). Outside my building, I stop to look around - snow sworls in the streetlamps. The smile never leaves.

I fuckin' love winter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home