Monday, December 18, 2006

Today must be a good day.

Besides getting to eat the Fromage Fort I adapted from Alton Brown, today also marked a joyous announcement out of the Canadian hinterland:

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets are recording a new album. Rockonomics seems to be the title of the future CD.

If you're unaware, I'm a mild fan of all things Lovecraftian (ask me about my thesis), and most things punk-ish. A quick glance at MySpace will inform you that the only reason I joined that bloody thing... was because the Thickets were on it. Their music is insane yet poppy; their ditty, "The Math Song," even won over my father (apparently math teachers love the Math Song).

I think what really makes me anticipate this disc was a comment from the band's leader, Toren:

"But we have a song in Middle Egyptian and I’m happy."

I'm hoping I shall be, as well. Until then... man, I hate waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home