Sunday, November 12, 2006

Oh, this is the cusp I meant...

So, a month passes, and what do we find?

My Anachronism article is up (Stone of Destiny), but the Powers That Be kept it in Word format. As a writer and former layout guy, this kinda bugs me. I know it's a petty thing, but I don't like the idea that my work is now in a saveable/editable document, rather than an html page. And, had I known it would be presented in this way, I would have cleaned up the layout.

Anyway, I'll probably try to put it on the Cantina, as well. I submitted the Baba Yaga piece about three weeks back, we'll see when that shows up. My current article(s) are a pair looking at the city of Nicopolis shortly before the year 1400. Why? Well, 1393 was the year of the first Ottoman capitulation (at Nicopolis), and 1396 was the infamous Battle of Nicopolis. Both of which are represented by Anachronism cards. It's taking longer, since I had to find more sources than normal for Mircea, Beyazid, and the 'First Capitulation;' not all sources agreed on the terms and the subsequent battles. That's history for ya...

Meanwhile, Samizdat and the Writers' Group have taken back seats. The former due to technical difficulties, the latter due to people not getting back. Le sigh.

But that's not all, ladies and germs. Young Mr. J. has gotten himself a job. Salary, benefits, a cube and such. Yeah, maybe artistic-types aren't supposed to have regular jobs, but the thought of medical benefits and a real budget for the wedding... I find those very inspiring.

Besides, I've got this great idea for a script that might get me on the "We Hate You" lists published by fundamentalists across religions. It's-- uh, excuse me, who are you--

Oh, hiya Mr. Rushdie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home