Friday, November 14, 2003

Break time!

Well, in the primer, at least. Today was one of those days. Granted there are many different kinds of those days. This one happens to be of the mind-bendingly aggrivating types. The club last night was a bit disappointing. I had today off, but didn't go anywhere because I was waiting for a phone call. And after I got said phone call, I've learned that my headshot/resume stuff never got to the right people at my agency... though it's been there for three weeks.

See? Nothing horrendous, just all very aggrivating. Grrrr.
Oh, and I doubt we're going to get the WH40K game at work, even though I made sure the higher-ups knew to send a copy, a MONTH before release. Argh.

Speaking of work, this really isn't a break from the lessons. No, today I present:

What a Customer should Expect

Yes, I've been ranting against the stupidity of many a customer... HOWEVER, there are certain expectations of the retail workers. As a customer, you 1)deserve service. When you enter a store, even if you don't get smiles and hugs, you should at least get service without a grumble. If you need help or have questions (within reason), we should provide assistance in any way possible.

Not only that, as a customer, you 2)deserve communication. You should be able to inform/inquire of a retail employee in the area of their expertise. WARNING: This does not mean you should have the right to mouth off to us. There's a difference between confirming a release date, and telling us our info is wrong and we suck because you saw something on a message board. There's a difference between informing/questioning a price on a product, and getting uppity/self-righteous about it. I don't care if you can get it a dollar cheaper across the mall, just don't rub my nose in it. I do have a long metal pole that's used to close the gate; however, it can be used for improvised and imprecise brain-removal surgery.

Which brings up the final point. As a customer, 3)you have a choice. Let me stress that again: you have a choice. You are free to walk out of my store at any point in time, and use you spending power elsewhere. If it gets you off that Best Soulless Mart offers lower prices and less human interaction, great. Go. Don't hang around to belittle the retail workers in the mall. Remember the long metal pole... and I've been watching a lot of documentaries on mummification.

...

O-tay, that's plenty for now. Back to the lack of insulation that is my frigid apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home