Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boo Near-Death Experience

Hooray Beer!

'Near-death experience' might be an exaggeration. It was definitely an experience, but you can never tell how near-death something is when you're 30 floors up in a claustrophobic space.

Short version is, I was on my way to work, as I am wont to do on most Tuesdays. We are nearing the big office move, and the construction folk are busy finishing up the floor below mine. When I hit the '34' button on the elevator, it shot up the building -- except, around '33', it started making strange noises. Grinding metal, or cables, I dunno; they were the kind of noises your imagination makes worse.

The elevator stops. The readout says '34', but the car is stopped. It doesn't open. After a few long seconds, it starts moving again. More scraping sounds. It stops again. And I wait. I imagine what falling 34 floors might feel like.

Finally, the door opens. On the 33rd floor. As my previous description indicated, the floor is unfinished. And I wouldn't be able to get to the stairs. Meekly, I hit the '34' button, again. The doors close, and I await my eventual fate...

Without incident, the elevator goes up one floor, opening up to the familiar sight. Good morning, indeed.

As a sidenote, the comic series continues to progress. I've scripted and storyboarded the first half-dozen pages/comics, and have plotted the rest of the introductions and the first actual arc. Steph's workin' on the sketches, and I've got a template for the site. Man, I'm anxious to show some spoilers...

Soon, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home