Wednesday, March 17, 2004

"...see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget."

There's the rub.

How else can my stay in the city of Pittsburgh be explained, except with a Swingers quote?

I've been here for eight months. In that time, I've spent most of it poor. Outside of the holiday season, I could rarely scrap together 20 hours a week at work. And I was still being paid a pittance. Up until early January, I couldn't get the agency to return my calls, or even find my bloody headshots and proof sheets. After January, I stopped calling.

Combine that with an overpriced apartment, and I'm heading back to live with Steph for a year. Plans are already in motion. Money has been spent, applications sent. What happens?

I get a raise. I get 20+ hours at work. And the agency called. They wanted to make sure they had everything updated, and that I filled out a couple forms for working with them.

What the crap?!

Granted, the raise was extremely minor. Granted, my hours may not be permanent, especially considering my revulsion when it comes to selling EWs. And, more likely than not, nothing solid will materialize from the agency. But this is the first string of good news that I've had since October. What timing. Just as I'm leaving for the city that rejected my grad school app.

There's the rub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home