Friday, June 16, 2006

Anybody else want a script?

Seriously. I thought the end of the show would mean more time to write, but it's just turned into more time to write for the H-Troupe. The final version of the first script for them is done, and lordy...

Let me just say it's a good thing that a) I have no attachment to these scripts, and b) I'm getting paid to do this. Because sometimes Doc really wants a lot of changes; most are good, some are unfortunate. (I usually follow my notes on the latter with an underlined "ack" or "hell no.") Add more issues, but cut back on time. And the meetings last longer than necessary. Oh, well. They're good scripts, and the distancing lets me change most things without blanching.

Meanwhile, I've come up with a new play concept. This is probably a good thing, since my full-length script is now dead in the water. I can thank the new Woody Allen pic, Scoop, for that (Tarot serial killer?! That was the antagonist! Ack!).

Anyway... I'm working on companion pieces to "Romulus & Remus." Three more shorts, totalling about 90 minutes. All about the end of the world. They'll be contemporary takes on Modernist theatre styles, but a lot more narrative. So far, I have the concept for "Tea & Ragnarok" (Ibsen-esque take on Valhalla at the endtimes), the rough draft of "God v. the Bullet (yay, Futurism!), and ideas for the last script. There will be the olbigatory reference to a certain R.E.M. song (somewhere), and the title will be something terrible, like... "Showtime at the Apocalypse."

Woot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home