Sunday, June 11, 2006

Viva la Lovecraft!

Love's Labour's Lost is done; 'twas fun, but a little hectic. Got to see my family, which was cool. My brother and I discussed science stuff, including his summer job at a Marquette U. lab. He gets to assist in cutting-edge research on RNA.

What's funny is that, while Andrew is the bio/chem major, I'm the physics fan between the two of us. He's of the mindset that physics is just plain insanity. Maybe that's why I follow it as a hobby.

Speaking of, I ran across this article today. Besides being a fascinating read about extra-dimensional theories, it should strike a familiar bell with Lovecraft fans. Specifically, read "From Beyond" or check out Stuart Gordon's film adaptation of "Dreams at the Witch House."

It's a little eerie... especially considering this quote from the article: "The problem with detecting the fifth dimension (or the sixth, seventh, and so on) is that our bodies are built to measure only the three old-fashioned spatial dimensions, plus time as a fourth dimension." Those words sound like they could come straight from "From Beyond."

I guess my brother was right. Physics is insane. And gods bless it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home