Tuesday, October 25, 2005

When it rains...

The week starts with me getting my thesis proposal to committee.

One committee member remarks on an RPG panel she saw at a folklore conference.

The next morning (today), the students running that panel e-mail me. You see, they're trying to publish an academic volume on role-playing games (RPGs). I didn't see the call for papers until too late, but e-mailed them anyway to say that "if you need anything..."

So, I'm submitting a proposal for an article possibility. Yeah, I know it's really tentative, and there are good odds there won't be room... Hey, you can't fault a guy for being excited, can you? Well, I suppose you could...

Anyway, the subject of said article is Dennis Detwiller's game, "Insylum." Even if the article never happens, everybody who considers themselves a gamer needs to check out Detwiller's website. It's folk like him who keep my hope for the gaming industry afloat.

Now I should really get around to finishing my late work. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home