Monday, October 24, 2005

Now that we've got that outta the way...

Perhaps I should re-title this, 'addendum to the previous rant..." Anyway.

This second year of Masters work is messin' with me. On one hand, I'm behind in three classes (including one from the summer). My social and personal lives barely exist. I am completely the wrong person for my assistantship. Every time I engage in something creative and fun, all I can think is "Well, this'll result in losing more sleep since I can't afford to fall further behind."

On the other hand, I love my thesis topic. I love studying the history and types of performance and games. I'm looking forward to (finally) taking a directing class. I'm excited about my short play that's going up in a month. I was referred to a panel at the AATE conference in D.C. next July (the specific session is titled "Games, Education, and Theatre/Performance").

It's this terrible, wonderful beast. But everyone seems about to explode around me. Maybe it's because we had to read Dada and Futurist theatre articles for this week. Which I'm taking a break from.

Oh, and this new Elbow CD is pretty cool. I don't have a final opinion on it, but the first single, "Leaders of the Free World," is pretty damn sweet.

That's all. I should go back to reading. Or finishing that overdue paper on Mishima Yukio. Or maybe I'll waste more time with my Anachronism decks.

Someone has lost focus, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home